U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $188 billion in fourth quarter
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury said on Monday it would borrow more during the October-December period than it had previously estimated.
The Treasury said in a statement it expects to borrow $188 billion through credit markets during the period, up from an initial estimate of $182 billion.
The department said it expects to issue $56 billion in net marketable debt during the first quarter of 2017.
Additional details of Treasury's quarterly refunding will be announced at 0830 EDT (1230 GMT) on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Lindsay Dunsmuir; Editing by Andrea Ricci)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Japan to supply new patrol boats to Vietnam
- Controls put China property market on roller-coaster ride: Wanda's Wang
- As London softens on pace of Brexit, Brussels appears to harden
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!