U.S. Senate panel to hold hearing on AT&T-Time Warner deal on December 7
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Signage for an AT&T store is seen in New York October 29, 2014. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's antitrust subcommittee will hold a hearing on Dec. 7 on the proposed merger of Time Warner Inc (NYSE: TWX) and AT&T Inc (NYSE: T), and the companies' chief executives will testify, the committee said in a statement.
"The hearing will examine the impact of the proposed transaction on consumers, including the implications for competition and innovation in the creation and distribution of video content," the statement said.
(Reporting by Eric Beech; Editing by Mohammad Zargham)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- IBM Security (IBM) to Acquire Agile 3 Solutions
- Macrocure (MCUR) Completes Merger with Leap Therapeutics
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!