U.N. envoy for Syria in talks on way ahead: spokeswoman
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
United Nations Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura speaks to media following a high level meeting on Syria by the United Nations Security Council at the United Nations in Manhattan, New York, U.S., September 25, 2016. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
GENEVA (Reuters) - United Nations Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura was in deep talks after the United States suspended talks with Russia on the conflict, his spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
"He is still in intensive consultations on the way forward," spokeswoman Jessy Chahine told a news briefing in Geneva. "He is of course consulting with his team and other relevant stake-holders."
The United States broke off talks with Russia on Monday on implementing a ceasefire agreement in Syria and accused Moscow of not living up to its commitments under the Sept. 9 deal to halt fighting and ensure aid reached besieged communities.
(Changes spokesman to spokeswoman in headline.)
(Reporting by Stephanie Nebehay, editing by Tom Miles)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- British PM heads to Bahrain to cement Gulf ties before Brexit
- New Zealand prime minister announces surprise resignation
- Greece sees final solution on debt crisis amid euro uncertainty
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!