Two police officers stabbed in Brussels, unhurt: police
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A man attacked two police officers with a knife in a Brussels park on Wednesday but neither officer was hurt and there was no immediate indication that the assailant had a political motive, Belgian officials said.
A spokeswoman for the Brussels prosecutors office said the assailant had said nothing and the case had not been transferred to federal counter-terrorism specialists.
A police spokeswoman said protective vests saved the officers from injury.
The incident happened in mid-afternoon in the Belgian capital's western borough of Molenbeek, which has been a focus of attention since several young men from the area were involved in last year's Islamic State attack on Paris.
(Reporting by Alastair Macdonald and Clement Rossignol; Editing by Angus MacSwan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Survey companies hit the streets to fill India's data gaps
- U.S. has few good options for response to Philippines' Duterte
- South Africa to withdraw from war crimes court: document
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!