Two people charged in Belgium with terrorist offences
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A man and a woman detained on Friday have been charged with terrorist offences, although the woman has been freed under conditions, federal prosecutors said on Sunday.
Police searched three houses across the country, including one in Brussels, part of an ongoing investigation into what prosecutors said was a terrorist group.
The two were charged with participation in the activities of a terrorist group. The judge overseeing the case said the man was suspected of having given weapons training.
Prosecutors said there was no evidence that the activities involved planning a concrete attack.
Belgium has been at the heart of investigations into the militant attacks in Europe since the Paris attacks in November last year that were partly planned in Brussels. Militants later attacked Brussels airport and metro in March this year, killing 32 people.
(Reporting By Philip Blenkinsop; editing by Francesco Guarascio)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oil prices rebound after Algeria says all options open at OPEC meeting
- Lanxess to buy Chemtura for about $2.12 billion in cash
- American football player in Canada killed in shooting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!