Two children killed when truck hits Halloween hayride in Mississippi: media
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Two children and an adult were killed and seven people injured on Monday when a truck hit the Halloween hayride carrying them in a small Mississippi town, NBC news reported.
A truck rear-ended the hayride trailer at about 7 p.m. on U.S. Highway 80 in Chunky, a town of about 400 people in eastern Mississippi, officials told NBC news.
The injured people were taken to hospitals in Jackson and Meridian, Andy West, a highway patrol spokesman, told NBC affiliate WLBT.
Mississippi officials were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee; Editing by Clarence Fernandez)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fake U.S. embassy in Ghana shut down after decade issuing visas
- MH370 families want investigation to focus more on debris from plane
- Morton County sheriff defends tactics against pipeline protesters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!