Two French aid workers killed in Madagascar
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - Two French people working for an environmental organization in Madagascar have been killed, authorities said.
The French foreign ministry, in a statement late on Sunday, said they were killed "in an odious crime" on the small island of Sainte Marie, off the northeast coast of Madagascar.
Radio France International said the bodies of a young man and a young woman, aged 25 and 23, were found early on Sunday about 150 meters from a night club. Both had injuries to the head. They were volunteers for Cetamada, an environmental NGO that works for the protection of marine mammals.
French police will arrive on Monday to help the local police investigation, local authorities said.
(Reporting by Geert De Clercq; Editing by Dominic Evans)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BOJ frets about real estate lending boom, watchful of bubble risk
- 'Real-life Cinderella' film delves into plight of Hong Kong maids
- U.S. options market not very 'Trumped up' ahead of vote
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!