Twelve killed in attack in northeast Kenya: media
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NAIROBI (Reuters) - Twelve people were killed in an attack in Mandera in northeast Kenya on Tuesday by suspected Islamist militants from the Somalia's al Shabaab group, Kenyan media quoted police as saying, the latest strike in an area by the militants.
Privately-owned television stations Citizen and NTV said 12 people were killed in the attack on a guest house. The privately-owned Daily Nation newspaper also gave the same death toll, quoting the head of police for Mandera East.
(Reporting by George Obulutsa; Editing by Michael Perry)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Swiss watchmakers cautiously optimistic for U.S., China in 2017
- U.S.-Cuba detente supporters make last-ditch effort to sway Trump
- Fraudsters use sham UK charity appeals to steal money via emails, social media
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!