Turkish tank hit near Syria's Jarablus, three soldiers wounded: military
- Wall Street lower as oil snaps four-day rally
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- Twitter (TWTR) Engagement Appear to be Improving and MAUs are Solid - Analyst
Turkish army tanks and Turkish-backed Syrian fighters make their way in the Syrian border town of Jarablus as it is pictured from the Turkish town of Karkamis, in the southeastern Gaziantep province, Turkey. REUTERS/Stringer
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Three Turkish soldiers were wounded on Tuesday after their tank came under fire west of the Syrian border town of Jarablus, where Syrian rebels backed by Turkish forces drove out Islamic State militants last week.
Operations against militants in the area were continuing, the Turkish military said in a statement, without specifying who had fired on the tank. Turkey's military incursion into Syria, launched last Wednesday, is targeting both Islamic State militants and Kurdish militia fighters.
(Reporting by Asli Kandemir; Writing by Nick Tattersall)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Greece hails debt relief, urges Germany and IMF to drop austerity demands
- U.S. top court rules against State Farm in hurricane fraud case
- UK unveils big error in trade data, cuts current account deficit