Turkish military says takes control of four settlements in Syria operation
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's military said on Thursday it had taken control of four residential areas in northern Syria as it presses an offensive to sweep Islamic State out of a patch of border territory and prevent Kurdish militia fighters gaining ground in their wake.
The military said it had taken control of the Kantara, Es Sehid, Al Humran and Taslihuyuk settlements. Turkish tanks and special forces, backed by fighter jets, entered Syria two weeks ago to support mostly Turkmen and Arab rebels in an operation which has secured some 90 km (56 miles) along the border.
(Reporting by Ece Toksabay; Writing by Nick Tattersall)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turkey's ruling party has completed proposal on presidency, PM says
- Italy warns of disaster if Europe rejects its budget: paper
- Britain's banks to reveal solid third-quarter results, warn of Brexit storm ahead
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!