Turkish Defence Ministry discharges 820 personnel from land, naval forces
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's Defence Ministry has discharged 820 personnel from the land and naval forces, the ministry said in a statement released on Thursday on its Twitter account.
Turkey has purged the armed forces of thousands of personnel ranging from top generals to rank-and-file troops in the wake of the July 15 failed coup. Overall, Turkey has removed 80,000 people from public duties over suspected links to the plotters.
(Reporting by Asli Kandemir and Tulay Karadeniz; Editing by Edmund Blair)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Six ex-Insys executives arrested in U.S. in fentanyl bribe case
- U.S. SEC enforcement chief Ceresney to depart at year-end
- Greece to pay out benefit to low income pensioners - PM
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!