Turkish Defence Ministry discharges 820 personnel from land, naval forces
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's Defence Ministry has discharged 820 personnel from the land and naval forces, the ministry said in a statement released on Thursday on its Twitter account.
Turkey has purged the armed forces of thousands of personnel ranging from top generals to rank-and-file troops in the wake of the July 15 failed coup. Overall, Turkey has removed 80,000 people from public duties over suspected links to the plotters.
(Reporting by Asli Kandemir and Tulay Karadeniz; Editing by Edmund Blair)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Buys Twitter (TWTR) Unit Fabric
- Murder of Mexican activist triggers calls for better protection of campaigners
- Clinton bests de Blasio in hypothetical NYC mayor race: poll
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!