Turkey's judiciary body dismisses 543 judges, prosecutors: TV report
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - The top Turkish judicial board has dismissed 543 more judges and prosecutors, Turkey's NTV television reported, the latest purge of officials suspected of sympathizing with those behind a July 15 failed coup.
The members of the High Council of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK) has now dismissed about 3,300 judiciary officials since the July 15 putsch. Overall, the Turkish authorities have removed about 80,000 people from public duties, many of those have also been arrested.
(Reporting by Asli Kandemir; Writing by Edmund Blair; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian brandishing knife: police
- Greeks strike against austerity before budget vote, bailout review
- China's top court rules in Michael Jordan's favor in trademark case
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!