Turkey's judiciary body dismisses 543 judges, prosecutors: TV report
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall St. slips on earnings; Apple results due
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - The top Turkish judicial board has dismissed 543 more judges and prosecutors, Turkey's NTV television reported, the latest purge of officials suspected of sympathizing with those behind a July 15 failed coup.
The members of the High Council of Judges and Prosecutors (HSYK) has now dismissed about 3,300 judiciary officials since the July 15 putsch. Overall, the Turkish authorities have removed about 80,000 people from public duties, many of those have also been arrested.
(Reporting by Asli Kandemir; Writing by Edmund Blair; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Paul Beatty's race satire wins Man Booker Prize
- PM says Italy cannot handle rate of migrant arrivals
- U.S. says troubled by reports of another U.S. citizen jailed by Iran
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!