Turkey seeks detention of 103 university academics in Gulen-related probe: NTV
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish prosecutors ordered the detention of 103 academics at an Istanbul university on Friday in an investigation targeting followers of U.S.-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, accused by Ankara of orchestrating an attempted coup in July, NTV said.
It said the investigation was focused on the city's Yildiz Technical University. The Hurriyet newspaper website said 70 academics had been already been detained in simultaneous raids across the city by organized crime police teams.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Editing by Daren Butler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK's stance incompatible with smooth Brexit: Eurogroup head
- UK's financial watchdog tightens rules for spread betting products
- U.S. military to return some land in Okinawa by year end
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!