Turkey seeks detention of 103 university academics in Gulen-related probe: NTV
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish prosecutors ordered the detention of 103 academics at an Istanbul university on Friday in an investigation targeting followers of U.S.-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, accused by Ankara of orchestrating an attempted coup in July, NTV said.
It said the investigation was focused on the city's Yildiz Technical University. The Hurriyet newspaper website said 70 academics had been already been detained in simultaneous raids across the city by organized crime police teams.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Editing by Daren Butler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mexico cenbank flags potential risks to growth from U.S. policy
- U.S. Senate confirms Pompeo to be Trump's CIA director
- Hedge fund Viking retools stock picking after big losses
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!