Turkey seeks detention of 103 university academics in Gulen-related probe: NTV
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish prosecutors ordered the detention of 103 academics at an Istanbul university on Friday in an investigation targeting followers of U.S.-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, accused by Ankara of orchestrating an attempted coup in July, NTV said.
It said the investigation was focused on the city's Yildiz Technical University. The Hurriyet newspaper website said 70 academics had been already been detained in simultaneous raids across the city by organized crime police teams.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Editing by Daren Butler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. envoy warns against being too trusting of Sudan's armed opposition
- 'Measured optimism' seen for New York commercial property market
- Puerto Rico oversight board favors more time for restructuring talks