Turkey seeks detention of 103 university academics in Gulen-related probe: NTV
- Wall St. slips as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkish prosecutors ordered the detention of 103 academics at an Istanbul university on Friday in an investigation targeting followers of U.S.-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, accused by Ankara of orchestrating an attempted coup in July, NTV said.
It said the investigation was focused on the city's Yildiz Technical University. The Hurriyet newspaper website said 70 academics had been already been detained in simultaneous raids across the city by organized crime police teams.
(Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Editing by Daren Butler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UK PM May says she has had positive discussions with banks
- Britain, Greece and Turkey wrap up security talks on Cyprus
- Egypt PM says cabinet reshuffle likely to be approved by month-end
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!