Turkey says to halt EU migrant deal if no date given for visa-free travel
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey will stop implementing an agreement with the European Union to stem the flow of migrants into the bloc if the EU does not provide a clear date to grant visa-free travel to Turks, EU Affairs Minister Omer Celik said on Tuesday.
In an interview with Turkey's Haberturk television, Celik said asking Turkey to change its terrorism laws, a key demand from the EU to finalize visa-free travel, would mean endangering Europe's own security.
Though much-criticized by rights advocates, EU's migrant deal with Turkey helped sharply cut the number of refugees and migrants reaching European shores, giving EU politicians breathing space after around 1.3 million people reached the continent last year.
(Reporting by Ece Toksabay; Writing by Humeyra Pamuk; Editing by Patrick Markey)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- HNA Group to Acquire 25% Stake in Hilton Worldwide (HLT) from Blackstone (BX)
- Women lawmakers face sexism, violence on job: report
- Calais Jungle clearance to resume after tent-burning, gas explosions overnight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!