Turkey says in talks with Russia on air defense system
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Turkey's Defence Minister Fikri Isik answers a question during an interview with Reuters in Ankara, Turkey, August 5, 2016. REUTERS/Tumay Berkin
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey is in talks with Russia on the potential purchase of S-400 air missile defense systems, Turkish Defence Minister Fikri Isik said on Friday, adding that Ankara was also in touch with other countries on missile defense.
Russia's stance on the issue has so far been positive Isik said. After cancelling last year a $3.4 billion tender for a long-range missile defense system, Turkey said it planned to develop its own. But earlier this month, a top defense official said Turkey could consider procuring one.
(Reporting by Ercan Gurses and Nevzat Devranoglu; Writing Humeyra Pamuk; Editing by Daren Butler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism, inflation fears
- Struggling hedge funds still expense bonuses, bar tabs
- U.S. investors see more automation, not jobs, under Trump administration
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!