Turkey formally announces nuclear energy agreement with China
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey published in its official gazette a deal with China for cooperation in the peaceful use of nuclear energy on Friday, a step needed to open the way for China to potentially build Turkey's third nuclear power plant.
The deal was originally signed in 2012 but such international agreements only go into effect in Turkey once they are published in the gazette.
Russia is building Turkey's first nuclear plant, while a Japanese-French consortium will build its second in the north. China is among countries interested in building a third plant.
(Reporting by Ece Toksabay; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Japan's exports fall as yen gains, rising volume eases some concerns
- 'Real-life Cinderella' film delves into plight of Hong Kong maids
- Outlook dims for Singapore Inc as economy moonwalks
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!