Trump advisors vow economic growth under Trump administration
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump arrives for his election night rally at the New York Hilton Midtown in Manhattan, New York, U.S., November 9, 2016. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Donald Trump's economic advisor Peter Navarro on Wednesday sought to reassure the markets, saying the Republican president-elect would help boost economic growth once in the White House, aided by a Republican-controlled Congress.
Speaking on CNBC, Navarro also did not rule out serving in a Trump administration, adding: "There will be a lot of people with private sector experience."
Separately, Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway told CNBC the market's reaction was due to Trump's surprise victory. She added that he would act quickly in conjunction with the Republican-led Congress to implement his plans, including lifting numerous U.S. regulations.
(Reporting by Susan Heavey and David Alexander, Editing by Franklin Paul)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ladder Capital (LADR) to Explore Sale - Reuters
- Kuwait's anti-austerity lawmakers threaten reform plans
- U.S. motor travel increases by 2.9 percent in September: DOT