Trump, Pence to meet with former BB&T CEO Allison, others on Monday
U.S. President elect Donald Trump reacts to a crowd gathered in the lobby of the New York Times building after a meeting in New York, U.S., November 22, 2016. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President-elect Donald Trump plans meetings with at least eight people on Monday as he seeks to fill out his administration, including John Allison, a former chief executive of BB&T Corp, who has been mentioned as a possible pick to head the U.S. Treasury Department.
During a call with reporters on Friday, his transition team said Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence on Monday will also meet with:
* former Securities and Exchange Commissioner Paul Atkins,
* Sheriff David Clarke of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin,
* Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt
* General Growth Properties Chief Executive Sandeep Mathrani,
* Texas Public Policy Foundation's Kathleen White,
* World Wide Technology CEO David Steward,
* and Republican U.S. Representative Lou Barletta of Pennsylvania.
(Reporting by Roberta Rampton, Tim Ahmann and Susan Heavey; Editing by Bernadette Baum and Jonathan Oatis)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. refinancing activity highest in five weeks: MBA
- Etihad Airways not looking to take stake in Lufthansa
- Brexit Britain's customs with EU may take industry to cliff edge