Tropical storm Lisa forms west of Cape Verde Islands
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Tropical depression 13 has strengthened into tropical storm Lisa over the eastern tropical Atlantic, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said on Tuesday.
Lisa, the 12th named storm of the 2016 Atlantic hurricane season, was located about 430 miles (690 kilometers) west of the Cape Verde Islands with maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour (65 kmph), the Miami-based weather forecaster said.
Lisa could strengthen further in the next 48 hours, the NHC added.
(Reporting by Arpan Varghese in Bengaluru)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kenyan president commutes all death sentences to life in prison
- Belgian internal feud blocks EU-Canada trade deal
- Regulators, wary of risks, want more trading data: Fed's Dudley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!