Tropical Storm Madeline forms east-southeast of Hawaiian: NHC
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Tropical storm Madeline has formed in the northern Pacific ocean, well east-southeast of the Hawaiian Islands, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said in an advisory on Friday.
The storm, with maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour (65 km per hour), is about 1,235 miles (1,990 km) east-southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii, the Miami-based weather forecaster said.
There were no coastal watches or warnings in effect as the storm headed west at 12 miles per hour (19 km per hour), the NHC said.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee; Editing by Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Airbnb backs off fight with governments, offers policy suggestions
- Honda confirms new $436 million China factory amid sales surge
- China November forex reserves fall more than expected to lowest in nearly six years
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!