Toyota to recall 5.8 million cars in Japan, China, Europe over Takata airbags
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
A Toyota logo is seen on media day at the Mondial de l'Automobile, the Paris auto show, in Paris, France, September 29, 2016. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen/File Photo - RTSRVHS
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Toyota Motor Corp <7203.T> on Wednesday said it was recalling a total of about 5.8 million cars at home and abroad over potentially faulty air bag inflators made by Takata Corp. <7312.T>
The recall, which includes the Corolla and the Vitz subcompact hatchback model which is marketed overseas as the Yaris, covers models produced between May 2000 and November 2001, and April 2006 and December 2014, the company said in an email.
It affects about 1.16 million vehicles sold in Japan, and also includes about 820,000 cars sold in China and around 1.47 million cars in the European market.
(Reporting by Naomi Tajitsu; Editing by Stephen Coates)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Colombian gets prison in U.S. drug case involving Venezuelan military
- OPEC SecGen sees "historic" deal with non-OPEC on Saturday
- Chicago schools' new debt deal tops U.S. muni sales next week
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!