Toyota to create new team for electric cars
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
View of a Toyota logo on a wheel at the Mondial de l'Automobile, Paris auto show, during media day in Paris, France, September 30, 2016. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen/File Photo
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said on Thursday it would create a new in-house team to develop electric vehicles as the Japanese automaker speeds up its efforts to develop more of the lower-emission cars.
Toyota said the team would consist of four people - one each from the automaker, machine manufacturer Toyota Industries Corporation, and parts suppliers Aisin Seiki Co and Denso Corp.
The automaker, which has invested heavily in hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles as the most promising "green" alternative to conventional cars, this month said it would like to have the option of developing full-sized electric vehicles.
(Reporting by Naomi Tajitsu; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Philippines' Duterte takes aim at Macau casino boss
- German industry output rises less than expected in October
- Ohio lawmakers pass 'heartbeat' abortion legislation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!