Toyota recalls 340,000 Priuses globally to fix parking brake issue
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
A woman is reflected on a screen showing Toyota Motor Corp's Prius hybrid car at the company's showroom in Tokyo, Japan June 14, 2016. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp <7203.T> said on Wednesday it was recalling around 340,000 of its latest Prius gasoline hybrid model in Japan and overseas to fix a parking brake issue.
The recall covers models produced between August 2015 and October 2016, and affects around 210,000 vehicles in Japan and 94,000 in North America, Toyota said, adding that the balance would be recalled in Europe, Australia and other regions.
No accidents have been reported in Japan in connection with the issue, a Toyota spokeswoman said, while declining to comment on whether any accidents had occurred overseas.
(This version of the story corrects paragraph 2 to say 94,000 vehicles, not 92,000, will be recalled in North America; also corrects start of production period to August 2015, from October 2015)
(Reporting by Naomi Tajitsu; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Obama suggests U.S. embassy move to Jerusalem could be 'explosive'
- Pipeline company Kinder Morgan's revenue falls 6.8 percent
- Netflix adds a third more subscribers than expected; shares jump seven percent
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!