Total says happy to be first western oil firm to do Iran deal - CNN Money
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
A view shows the Total Tower, French oil giant Total headquarters, at La Defense business and financial district in Courbevoie near Paris, France, February 25, 2016. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PARIS (Reuters) - The boss of French oil and gas company Total
"Discussions are going on and we'll see if we can sign in the coming days," Patrick Pouyanne told CNN Money on the sidelines of the Abu Dhabi petroleum conference.
Asked about the reported $6 billion value of the potential deal, Pouyanne said: "...developing a phase of South Pars (gas field) is more in the range of $2 billion dollars than $6 billion."
Iran's SHANA news agency said on Monday that Total and China National Petroleum Corp (CNPC) would sign new contracts on Tuesday with National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) on the second phase of the South Pars gas field.
(Reporting by Bate Felix. Editing by Jane Merriman)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bilfinger CEO says will take time for Iran to regain investors' trust
- Mexico and U.S. executives to share data to make case for free trade
- 'La La Land' duo Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling cement mark in Hollywood
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesMerriman Curhan Ford
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!