Toshiba: Japan trunk bank sues it for $120 million over accounting scandal
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
A man walks past a Toshiba Corp logo displayed on one of its television sets in Tokyo, Japan, November 26, 2015. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp <6502.T> said on Friday a Japanese trust bank was suing it for 12 billion yen ($119 million) for losses stemming from the company's $1.3 billion accounting scandal last year.
Japan Trustee Services Bank had filed the suit with the Tokyo District Court on Aug. 9, the technology and industrial conglomerate said in a statement.
Toshiba said it would set aside a "reasonable" amount of cash to cover any damages and would revise its earnings guidance as needed.
(Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Richard Pullin)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Germany's HSH Nordbank seals charter of Hanjin ships to Maersk
- Jefferies Remains Sidelined on Shutterfly (SFLY) - PT to $52
- Community Health Systems (CYH): Cutting PT After 3rd Miss In A Row - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!