Toshiba: Japan trunk bank sues it for $120 million over accounting scandal
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
A man walks past a Toshiba Corp logo displayed on one of its television sets in Tokyo, Japan, November 26, 2015. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp <6502.T> said on Friday a Japanese trust bank was suing it for 12 billion yen ($119 million) for losses stemming from the company's $1.3 billion accounting scandal last year.
Japan Trustee Services Bank had filed the suit with the Tokyo District Court on Aug. 9, the technology and industrial conglomerate said in a statement.
Toshiba said it would set aside a "reasonable" amount of cash to cover any damages and would revise its earnings guidance as needed.
(Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Richard Pullin)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Preliminary Q3 EPS In-Line with Views, Revs Light
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- Dominion Diamond (DDC) Reports Q3 Loss of $0.34/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!