Top Senate Democrat cites civil rights concerns with Trump pick Sessions
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) talks to journalist after attending the Senate Democrat party leadership elections at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC, U.S. November 16, 2016. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Incoming U.S. Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer on Friday said he is "very concerned" about Republican U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's selection of Senator Jeff Sessions as attorney general and indicated there would be tough questioning in the chamber's confirmation process.
"Given some of his past statements and his staunch opposition to immigration reform, I am very concerned about what he would do with the Civil Rights Division at the Department of Justice and want to hear what he has to say," Schumer said in a statement.
(Reporting by Susan Cornwell and Susan Heavey; Editing by Chris Reese)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
- African governments urged to help 3.5 million people uprooted from their homes in 2015
- Asian shares flat but on track for weekly gains
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!