Three workers killed in blast at Thailand ethanol plant
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BANGKOK (Reuters) - Three workers were killed in an explosion at an ethanol plant in Thailand's northeastern province of Khon Kaen, police said on Monday.
The three workers were repairing the lid of a wastewater tank at an ethanol plant which belongs to Thai Ethanol Power Plc in the province of Khon Kaen, 390 km (240 miles) from the capital Bangkok, said Police Lieutenant Colonel Sarawut Dansuk.
"It could be that there was some kind of gas that leaked out and caused sparks when they were welding the tank lid and that set off an explosion," he said.
"An autopsy showed they were killed by the impact from the explosion."
The three killed were Thai nationals, he added.
Police are investigating whether the ethanol company was responsible for the accident.
(Reporting by Panarat Thepgumpanat; Writing by Patpicha Tanakasempipat; Editing by Amy Sawitta Lefevre and Christian Schmollinger)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Egyptians losing patience with Sisi as economy deteriorates
- Iran's president says U.S. election offers only bad or worse choice
- Italy tells EU not to reject its budget; criticizes Hungary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!