Three killed in midair plane collision in Georgia
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - Three people were killed when two planes collided above a regional airport in Georgia on Wednesday, a fire official said.
The crash occurred near the West Georgia Regional Airport in Carroll County, about 40 miles southwest of Atlanta, said a county fire department employee who did not give her name.
The spokeswoman could not say what types of planes were involved in the collision or the exact time of the incident. Fire officials were on the scene investigating, she said.
It was not immediately clear if anyone survived the crash or what caused it.
Live video of the airport posted online by WSB-TV at about noon local time showed what appeared to be a smashed single-engine aircraft lying on a large lawn or runway. A second aircraft was not shown.
(Reporting by Laila Kearney; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turkish parliament approves more constitutional reform articles
- Snap Inc hires Jennifer Park Stout as head of global policy
- Legendary Entertainment CEO steps down, China's Wanda takes closer control
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!