Thirteen people wounded in shooting at Connecticut house party
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Thirteen people were shot and wounded when at least two shooters fired into a house party from a neighboring backyard in Bridgeport, Connecticut, early on Sunday, local police said.
Police in the state's most populous city were called to the house just before 1:30 a.m. ET and arrived to find 11 men and two women with gunshot wounds, Captain Brian Fitzgerald said in an emailed statement.
One of the casualties remains in critical condition after being hit in the face.
Police think at least two shooters fired through the hedges from the backyard into a "large house party," according to the statement. An investigation is ongoing and there was no immediate word on arrests or the possible motive.
(Reporting by Chris Prentice; Editing by Helen Popper)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Syrian army rushes forces to historic Palmyra in IS battle
- South Korea central bank: market impact of impeachment vote seems limited
- Turkish air strikes kill 19 Kurdish militants in north Iraq - military sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!