Thai military helicopter crash kills five
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BANGKOK (Reuters) - A Thai military helicopter that went missing on Sunday crashed in bad weather in northern Thailand, killing all five people on board, the army said on Monday.
The dead included Major General Nopporn Ruanchan, who was commander of the army's 4th Infantry Division, said Lieutenant General Somsak Ninbanjerdkun.
Poor visibility due to the weather may have caused the crash, said Somsak, who is commander of the Third Area Army overseeing Thailand's north.
The UH-72 light helicopter went down in Chiang Mai, near Thailand's highest mountain, he said. It was returning to base in Phitsanuloke from a flood mission near the border with Myanmar.
The others on board were two pilots and two mechanics, Somsak said.
(Reporting by Panarat Thegumpanat and Patpicha Tanakasempipat; Writing by Pairat Temphairojana; Editing by Simon Webb and Nick Macfie)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Polish top court upholds verdict that Polanski cannot be extradited
- Fillon would beat Le Pen, Socialist fifth or worse: Ifop French presidential poll
- Saudi court sentences 15 to death for spying for Iran
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!