Tata Consultancy Services calls Dec. 13 shareholder meeting for Mistry vote
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Cyrus Mistry, chairman of Tata Group, smiles during the Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS) annual general meeting in Mumbai June 27, 2014. REUTERS/Stringer
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's Tata Consultancy Services said on Thursday that the company would hold an extraordinary general meeting on Dec. 13 to decide on the removal of former chairman Cyrus Mistry as director from the company's board.
Tata Sons, TCS' parent and holding firm for the $100 billion salt-to-software Tata empire, has called for a shareholder meeting at several of its group companies such as Tata Steel and Tata Motors, to remove Mistry from their respective boards.
In a boardroom coup last month Mistry was removed as chairman of Tata Sons and patriach Ratan Tata is back at the helm temporarily. Days later he was sacked as chairman of TCS in which Tata Sons holds more than 73 percent stake.
A public power struggle has since ensued between Mistry and Tata.
(Reporting by Promit Mukherjee. Editing by Jane Merriman)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Takata shares rise by daily limit, up 18.2 percent
- Protesters vow to battle Trump's 'poor decision' to revive pipeline
- Exclusive: Keysight Technologies explores acquisition of Ixia: sources