Tata Consultancy Services calls Dec. 13 shareholder meeting for Mistry vote
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Cyrus Mistry, chairman of Tata Group, smiles during the Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS) annual general meeting in Mumbai June 27, 2014. REUTERS/Stringer
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's Tata Consultancy Services said on Thursday that the company would hold an extraordinary general meeting on Dec. 13 to decide on the removal of former chairman Cyrus Mistry as director from the company's board.
Tata Sons, TCS' parent and holding firm for the $100 billion salt-to-software Tata empire, has called for a shareholder meeting at several of its group companies such as Tata Steel and Tata Motors, to remove Mistry from their respective boards.
In a boardroom coup last month Mistry was removed as chairman of Tata Sons and patriach Ratan Tata is back at the helm temporarily. Days later he was sacked as chairman of TCS in which Tata Sons holds more than 73 percent stake.
A public power struggle has since ensued between Mistry and Tata.
(Reporting by Promit Mukherjee. Editing by Jane Merriman)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China to launch direct yuan trading with seven currencies
- Brexit minister 'not really interested' in transitional Brexit deal: FT says
- Syrian government forces press attack in east Aleppo