Taiwan taskforce to supervise probe into Mega Financial's New York branch: premier
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
The logo of Mega International Commercial Bank is seen in Taipei, Taiwan August 23, 2016. REUTERS/Tyrone Siu
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwan's premier said on Tuesday the government has formed an emergency taskforce to supervise its investigation into Mega Financial's <2886.TW> New York operations following the bank's fine by U.S. regulators.
"There have been so many questions and concerns raised by people," premier Lin Chuan told an unscheduled briefing. "We will discuss these questions and concerns and hand them over to the Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) and the Ministry of Justice to clarify as soon as possible," he said.
The FSC said last week it will send inspectors to Mega Financial's banking branches in New York and Panama as part of its probe into the state-run bank.
The New York branch of Mega Financial has agreed to pay $180 million to New York state's financial regulator for anti-money laundering violations that included lax attention to risk exposure in Panama.
(Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Sam Holmes)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turkish parliament approves more constitutional reform articles
- China willing to work with new U.S. administration to promote healthy ties: commerce ministry
- New Zealand's Xero chairman resigns after accepting Trump position
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!