Syrian army, insurgents in fierce clashes in southwest Aleppo
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
People ride a vehicle past a crater in the rebel-held Qadi Askar neighborhood of Aleppo, Syria, September 26, 2016. REUTERS/Abdalrhman Ismail
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The Syrian army and its allies fought intense clashes with insurgents in the opposition-held 1070 Apartments district of southwestern Aleppo on Tuesday, senior combatant sources on both sides said.
The 1070 Apartments are located next to Ramousah, the southern gateway into Aleppo. The area's capture would allow the government to ease its own access into the city while consolidating a siege on rebel-held districts.
(Reporting By Angus McDowall; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turkey seeks to arrest 55 people suspected of financing Gulen - NTV
- Russia says Syrian government controls 93 percent of Aleppo
- Gambia President's rejection of poll results "null and void"- African Union
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!