Syrian army, insurgents in fierce clashes in southwest Aleppo
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
People ride a vehicle past a crater in the rebel-held Qadi Askar neighborhood of Aleppo, Syria, September 26, 2016. REUTERS/Abdalrhman Ismail
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The Syrian army and its allies fought intense clashes with insurgents in the opposition-held 1070 Apartments district of southwestern Aleppo on Tuesday, senior combatant sources on both sides said.
The 1070 Apartments are located next to Ramousah, the southern gateway into Aleppo. The area's capture would allow the government to ease its own access into the city while consolidating a siege on rebel-held districts.
(Reporting By Angus McDowall; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. asset managers seek delay on new variation margin rule
- Protesters vow to battle Trump's 'poor decision' to revive pipeline
- Former N.Y. fund analyst goes on trial for insider trading
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!