Syrian army, insurgents in fierce clashes in southwest Aleppo
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
People ride a vehicle past a crater in the rebel-held Qadi Askar neighborhood of Aleppo, Syria, September 26, 2016. REUTERS/Abdalrhman Ismail
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BEIRUT (Reuters) - The Syrian army and its allies fought intense clashes with insurgents in the opposition-held 1070 Apartments district of southwestern Aleppo on Tuesday, senior combatant sources on both sides said.
The 1070 Apartments are located next to Ramousah, the southern gateway into Aleppo. The area's capture would allow the government to ease its own access into the city while consolidating a siege on rebel-held districts.
(Reporting By Angus McDowall; Editing by Mark Trevelyan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- South Africa to withdraw from war crimes court: document
- Austrian rightwinger riles former EU boss Barroso in testy debate
- Two-wheel drive: China tech giants bet on 'Uber for bikes' in hunt for next unicorn
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!