Syrian army, Russian aviation repel rebel attack near Aleppo: RIA
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
People inspect damage after an airstrike on the rebel held Urm al-Kubra town, western Aleppo city, Syria September 20, 2016. REUTERS/Ammar Abdullah
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Syrian government troops, supported by Russian air forces, repelled an offensive by militants on the northern fringes of Syria's largest city of Aleppo on Tuesday, killing 40 attackers, RIA news agency quoted Russia's Defence Ministry as saying.
On Monday, the Syrian military declared a one-week truce brokered by the United States and Russia over. Russia's military said it was "senseless" for Syria's army to respect the ceasefire unilaterally, while being attacked by militants.
(Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Writing by Dmitry Solovyov)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. Marine pilot dies after ejecting from plane off Japan
- U.S. estimates 50,000 Islamic State fighters killed so far: U.S. official
- NYC shelter 'clusters' questioned after homeless toddler deaths
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!