Syrian army, Russian aviation repel rebel attack near Aleppo: RIA
- Futures lower on Deutsche Bank concerns
- Oil falls as investors cash in on OPEC deal rally, dollar rises
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- Elliott Shows 8.1% Stake in Mentor Graphics (MENT) - 13D
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/29: (MENT) (CEMP) (COST) Higher; (CAMP) (ABUS) Lower (more...)
People inspect damage after an airstrike on the rebel held Urm al-Kubra town, western Aleppo city, Syria September 20, 2016. REUTERS/Ammar Abdullah
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Syrian government troops, supported by Russian air forces, repelled an offensive by militants on the northern fringes of Syria's largest city of Aleppo on Tuesday, killing 40 attackers, RIA news agency quoted Russia's Defence Ministry as saying.
On Monday, the Syrian military declared a one-week truce brokered by the United States and Russia over. Russia's military said it was "senseless" for Syria's army to respect the ceasefire unilaterally, while being attacked by militants.
(Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Writing by Dmitry Solovyov)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosetta crash lands on comet, brings historic mission to an end
- Hong Kong billionaire tycoon Cheng Yu-tung dies aged 91
- UK service firms defy Brexit, put BoE on spot over rates
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!