Syrian Kurdish YPG says Turkish troops fire at their fighters along border
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Kurdish fighters from the People's Protection Units (YPG) carry their weapons as they take positions in the northeastern city of Hasaka, Syria, August 20, 2016. Picture taken August 20, 2016. REUTERS/Rodi Said
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syria's Kurdish YPG militia said Turkish forces fired at their fighters along the border on Monday, wounding one fighter, hundreds of miles east of Turkey's main incursion into northern Syria.
Chief YPG spokesman Redur Xelil told Reuters that Turkish armored vehicles were patrolling the area and opened fire on the YPG fighters between the Kurdish-controlled cities of Qamishli and Amouda in Syria's northern Hasaka province.
Turkish-backed forces' push into northern Syria drew a rebuke on Monday from the United States, which said it was concerned the battle had shifted away from targeting Islamic State.
(Reporting by Suleiman Al-Khalidi; Editing by Louise Ireland)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Turkey's ruling party has completed proposal on presidency, PM says
- Aid agencies struggle to assist wave of returning Afghan refugees
- Spain's Socialists seen clearing the way for end to political deadlock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!