Swiss refugee center burns down, cause under investigation
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ZURICH (Reuters) - A refugee center in western Switzerland burned down early on Wednesday, but nobody was injured and the cause of the fire was still unclear, police said.
The fire brigade in the town of Biberist was able to put the fire out quickly after an alarm at 3 a.m. local time. All 10 residents of the center were able to leave the buildings unharmed, police in the canton of Solothurn said in a statement.
A police spokesman said it could take two to three days for results of the investigation to emerge.
Cases of violence against refugees have been rare in Switzerland, where the number of people seeking asylum rose last year to 39,523.
(Reporting by Silke Koltrowitz; Editing by Toby Chopra)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GIC leads $1.04 billion investment in office tower in downtown Manhattan
- Alcoa beats revenue estimates, sees higher aluminum demand
- Intuitive Surgical sees slower 2017 procedure growth, buys back shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!