Swiss prosecutors investigate suspect over Syrian crime
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ZURICH (Reuters) - Swiss prosecutors said on Monday they had opened an investigation into an unnamed person on suspicion of links to a crime in Syria.
The alleged offense amounted to a crime under international law, the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) said in a statement. "No other details can be given at the moment because the case is in its initial stages," a spokeswoman said.
The person had been flagged up by immigration authorities, and the investigation started in August, she added.
The OAG currently had around 20 similar cases pending linked to conflicts in a number of countries, the spokeswoman said, without giving any other details on the nature of the charges. Half were undergoing preliminary checks and half were opened, she added.
(Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Former U.S. officials urge Trump to talk with Iranian MEK group
- Merkel tells German industry she will fight for free trade
- Canada's Trudeau faces ethics probe over Bahamas trip
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!