Swiss private bank Notenstein La Roche cuts jobs in revamp
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
The logo of Notenstein La Roche Private Bank AG is seen in front of a branch in Zurich, Switzerland April 5, 2016. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann - RTSDT7Y
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ZURICH (Reuters) - Swiss private bank Notenstein La Roche will cut staff by a fifth, or about 100 jobs, by 2019 as part of a revamp that will also see it take over wealth management business from other parts of parent Raiffeisen group, it said on Wednesday.
Citing challenging conditions for the Swiss financial center, it said it aimed to slash costs by 20 percent, half of which will come from the personnel measures. Operating income at its core business was set to rise by 15 percent thanks to the streamlining drive.
"All measures should be implemented by early 2019 and a cost-income ratio of below 70 percent achieved," it said.
The St Gallen, Switzerland-based bank said it would renew its IT platform by mid-2017 to promote digitalisation and automation.
(Corrects first paragraph to show bank to assume wealth management business, not shift it to other parts of group)
(Reporting by Michael Shields and Angelika Gruber)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China's richest man says earmarks $5 billion-$10 billion a year for outbound investment
- Turkish PM says central bank will not hesitate to do what is necessary
- South Korean prosecutor says to question Park by early February
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!