Swire Pacific in talks to buy Coca-Cola bottling assets in China: Bloomberg
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
The logo of U.S. beverage group Coca-Cola is seen at the entrance of a visitors center of Coca-Cola Schweiz GmbH in Bruettisellen, Switzerland October 11, 2016. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Hong Kong conglomerate Swire Pacific Ltd <0019.HK> is in talks to buy Coca-Cola Co's (NYSE: KO) bottling assets in China from Cofco Corp's [CNCOF.UL] China Foods Ltd <0506.HK> unit, Bloomberg reported.
A potential deal could value the business at about $1 billion and the companies could announce a deal as soon as this week, Bloomberg said, citing people familiar with the matter. http://bloom.bg/2fz2VPL
China Foods said in August it was considering a potential disposal of its stakes in companies engaging in Coca-Cola bottling operations by the way of a public sale.
Swire Beverages is one of the largest soft drink bottlers for Coca-Cola Co in the world, and works closely with the U.S. firm on brand development and marketing.
Swire Pacific, China Foods and Coca-Cola China were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Gaurika Juneja in Bengaluru; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- National Amusements and Coca-Cola Announce New Partnership
- Alibaba's Ma says no chance of U.S. trade war with China
- Lloyds Bank considers setting up subsidiary in Germany: source
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!