Sweden raises alert level as bird flu spreads to neighboring Denmark
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden has raised the alert level for poultry to the second highest following an outbreak of bird flu in neighboring Denmark, the Swedish board of Agriculture said on Monday.
The board raised the level to two on a scale of three, which means poultry must be kept indoors.
"We are raising the level of protection as a precaution," the board said in a statement. "Bird flu is spread mainly by wild birds and therefore the risk of getting the disease to the Swedish poultry is now considered elevated."
The H5N8 bird flu has been detected at a poultry farm in Denmark, the country's environment and food ministry said earlier on Monday. Bird flu has been found in a number of countries across Europe over the past two weeks.
(Reporting by Johan Ahlander; editing by Niklas Pollard)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hyundai Motor to boost U.S. investment as automakers respond to Trump
- Top Chinese official to meet Philippines' Duterte
- Wilbur Ross, Trump's Commerce pick, offshored 2,700 jobs since 2004
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!