Suspect questioned in New York slaying of Muslim imam
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
A sketch of a suspect in the shooting of Imam Maulama Akonjee, 55, and Thara Uddin, 64, hangs on a street sign across from Al-Furqan Jame Mosque, where the two victims had been worshipping on Saturday afternoon before the shooting, in New York, August 14,
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A suspect being questioned in the killing of a Muslim imam and his associate in New York City over the weekend was arrested on Monday on charges related to a hit-and-run traffic accident on the day of the murders, police officials said.
The suspect, who police described at a briefing as an Hispanic man, was being questioned about the fatal shootings of Imam Maulama Akonjee and Thara Uddin on Saturday after they left a mosque in the Ozone Park section of Queens.
Officials declined to give the name of the suspect or to comment on a suspected motive for the killings.
(Reporting by Frank McGurty; Editing by James Dalgleish)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China November forex reserves fall more than expected to lowest in nearly six years
- Ties between Russia and the Taliban worry Afghan, U.S. officials
- Cuba wants to sign accords with U.S. before Obama exit - officials
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!