Supreme Court puts Alabama execution on hold
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday put on hold the Alabama execution of a man convicted of murder for the 1982 slaying of his girlfriend's husband, according to the court order.
Before the high court's decision, Thomas Arthur had been scheduled to die by lethal injection at the Holman Correctional Facility in Atmore. The order did not give a reason for the stay of execution.
(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis in Los Angeles; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Japan's big manufacturers' mood improves as companies cut capex
- Jho Low family dealt setback in move to claim assets in 1MDB probe
- NYC shelter 'clusters' questioned after homeless toddler deaths
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!