Strong commercial jet deliveries lift Embraer shares
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Brazilian aircraft maker Embraer's CEO Frederico Curado salutes workers next to an new Embraer E190-E2 during its unveil in Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil, February 25, 2016. REUTERS/Nacho Doce/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Brazilian planemaker Embraer SA
Embraer delivered 29 of its E-Jets to commercial airlines from July through September, the division's best performance for the period since 2009, putting the company on track to hit a full-year delivery target of 105 to 110 deliveries.
The success of Embraer's narrow-body medium-range E-Jet airliners has made it the world's third-largest commercial planemaker.
Embraer shares rose 2.6 percent in Sao Paulo, among the strongest gainers on the benchmark Bovespa stock index <.BVSP>.
BTG Pactual analysts said commercial jet deliveries beat their expectations by eight aircraft, but they warned that competitive pricing pressures for executive jets would still weigh on earnings, which are scheduled for release on Oct. 31.
Third-quarter executive jet deliveries slipped to 25 aircraft from 30 planes a year earlier, although deliveries of larger models rose by a third to 12 aircraft, boosted by stronger demand for the new Legacy 450/500 model.
Embraer's order backlog, a gauge of its revenue in the pipeline, fell to $21.4 billion at end-September from $21.9 billion at end-June, marking its first quarterly drop in a year-and-a-half.
(Reporting by Brad Haynes, additional reporting by Silvio Cascione in Brasilia, editing by W Simon)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Islamic State militants enter Palmyra after heavy fighting: monitor
- Ghana's next leader under pressure to deliver for impatient voters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!