Starboard sets date for special meeting of Depomed shareholders
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Activist investor Starboard Value LP, which owns 9.8 percent of drugmaker Depomed Inc (NASDAQ: DEPO) and wants to oust the company's board, said on Monday it had won enough support from shareholders to set Nov. 15 as the date for a special meeting.
The hedge fund has criticized Depomed's board over alleged governance deficiencies and urged it to explore a sale.
Starboard has also said Depomed had taken a "series of shareholder-unfriendly steps," referring to its rejection of takeover offers from Horizon Pharma Plc (NASDAQ: HZNP) last year.
Reuters, citing people familiar with the matter, reported earlier this month that Depomed was preparing to put itself up for sale.
However, Starboard said on Monday it was "extremely concerned" that any potential sale process may not be genuine, but a smokescreen to distract from the board changes it wants.
(Reporting by Natalie Grover in Bengaluru; Editing by Ted Kerr)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Depomed (DEPO) 'Clearly' on Purdue Pharma Radar - Bloomberg
- Japan nearly doubles Fukushima disaster-related cost to $188 billion
- Philippines outsourcing firms hit by Trump and 'Trump East'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesHedge Funds, Starboard Value
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!