Star Wars actor behind R2-D2 robot dies aged 81
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Kenny Baker who plays R2 D2 arrives at the European Premiere of Star Wars, The Force Awakens in Leicester Square, London, December 16, 2015. REUTERS/Paul Hackett
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LONDON (Reuters) - British Star Wars actor Kenny Baker, who played the robot R2-D2 in six of the films, has died aged 81, Baker's niece told the BBC on Saturday.
Baker, who was three feet, eight inches tall, had suffered from a long illness, his relative said.
In addition to the first Star Wars film in 1977, he also appeared in Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi and three prequel editions.
(Reporting by Sarah Young, editing by Larry King)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merkel's Bavarian allies back her for fourth term
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe skirts retirement talk at burial of friend
- Cameroon train crash death toll tops 70
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!