Spanish police arrest three suspected of Islamist militant links
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police have arrested two men accused of belonging to Islamic State and a third man accused of spreading Islamist militant messages on social media, the Interior Ministry said on Tuesday.
Police detained a Spaniard of Moroccan origin and a Moroccan national said to have been communicating with leaders of the jihadist group and distributing recruitment material on social networks from their homes in Gijon and San Sebastian, it said.
The third man, a 38-year-old Spaniard, was arrested after police linked him to social media postings glorifying Islamist militants and after two house raids turned up a cache of banned weapons. He was detained in the northern city of Manresa and had no direct affiliation to militant networks, the ministry said.
Spain has been on high alert and has stepped up security measures following attacks in Paris last year.
Spanish police have arrested a total of 37 people this year with suspected connections to Islamist militants.
(Reporting by Amanda Calvo; Editing by Paul Day and Janet Lawrence)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Former OPEC official El-Badri says non-OPEC cut a 'must': conference
- RBS ordered to hand over documents in shareholder cash call case
- Actress Sofia Vergara faces lawsuit from her own frozen embryos
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!