Spain arrests man on suspicion of Islamist militant activity
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish police have arrested a Spanish citizen in Madrid on suspicion of belonging to Islamic State, the Interior Ministry said on Sunday.
The ministry said the man of Palestinian origin planned on joining the jhadist group in Syria.
The accused is resident in the province of Las Palmas on the Spanish Canary Islands.
Since Spain raised its national security threat alert in 2015 in response to Islamist attacks in Paris, police have arrested 164 people suspected of militant activity.
(Reporting by Jesús Aguado; Editing by Mark Potter)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oil extends gains on hopes for non-OPEC output cuts
- Walt Disney's signed will, animation trove go up for auction
- Ohio passes second, less restrictive, abortion bill
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!