South Korea's Park not to respond to request by prosecutors: lawyer
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
South Korean President Park Geun-hye delivers her speech during the inaugural session of the 20th National Assembly in Seoul, South Korea, June 13, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean President Park Geun-hye will not respond to prosecutors' request to question her, her lawyer said on Monday, amid a deepening political crisis over a scandal involving her old friend accused of meddling in state affairs.
The lawyer, Yoo Yeong-ha, said in a statement she had to deal with the "fast-moving situation" and so there was little time for Park to cooperate with prosecutors, who had asked to question her by Tuesday.
(Reporting by Ju-min Park; Editing by Cclarence Fernandez)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- VW charges in U.S. breach German constitution, says defendant's lawyer
- UBS CEO says bank has flexibility over passporting rights post-Brexit
- Germany says NATO concerned about Trump 'obsolete' remark
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!